Advancement Via Individual Determination
WHAT AVID IS:
College Readiness Program
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) is an elective program that helps students to achieve the necessary requirements and skills to be eligible for university acceptance. AVID’s mission is to prepare all students for college readiness and success.
AVID students are expected to be motivated and determined to achieve university acceptance at the end of their high school career. It will be necessary for AVID students to manage their time so hat school and studies become a top priority. This means that they will need to be responsible for making wise and sometimes difficult choices.
Some Requirements To Be Accepted Into AVID
· GPA of 2.5 – 4.0
· Application Process
· Students who want to go to a 4 year university
· Middle to high test scores
· Effort/Citizenship in all classes is good.
· Team player, “good attitude, collaborative in nature.”
What AVID Is NOT:
· AVID is not an “at-risk” program. It is a program designed for students who would otherwise may not attend a 4-year university.
· AVID is not for students with N’s and U’s in effort and citizenship.
· AVID is not for the “D” or “F” student.
Click Here for more Information